Friday 2 August 2013

Creating a Logo- Stage 2

Continuing on with the process of creating a logo here is my second stage of design.
The second phase is all about taking ideas from the first stage and refining them.

You can choose to use more than one of your ideas and see how they would look with a little more refinement, which I would recommend you do, or you can focus on one idea you really like. The second option is not a bad one because if you really like the idea you will put more effort into it but forcing yourself to consider other options stops you getting trapped in your own thought process and you may get other ideas you like or find other ways to make an idea even better.

I will confess that I went more with the second option. I already had an idea in mind about what I wanted and as I don't need to worry about having my logo printed on merchandise I can make it as complicated as I like.

Below is a picture of my second stage of logo design for this blog (Chris' Painting and Drawing Blog, CPDB) followed by the second stage design of my comic book blog (Chris' Comic Book Creations, CCBC).


As you can see from the picture above my second stage of design didn't go very far. I already liked the CPDB idea with the B being done as a painting palette so I ran with it.

Below we have 2 images the first of which is an attempt at recreating the small comic book logo I did on my draft sheet, only bigger. I was also trying to get the proportions and layout right as well.

The second picture is the final draft of the logo. It was drawn on a piece of A4 paper and made to fit the whole thing. When it comes to making a logo it is better to make it big because it will be easier to shrink it and you can fit in details more easily because you have more space to work in.




You can see the final results of the first logo on any page of this blog and the final result on the second logo here. Or you can see stage 1 here.

The third and final stage will be coming soon with explanations about how I made the final colour versions of both of these logos.

No comments:

Post a Comment