Saturday 3 August 2013

Creating a Logo- The Final Stage

Yes, the logo is complete, you have probably already seen it but now I shall tell you the final stage of how I created my logo.



That's it, there, just above this writing. Not bad eh? Not perfect either but a good fit for this blog and what it represents.

The logo was created in Photoshop using vector images (I'll elaborate a bit more on them in a bit) after I scanned in my final draft.

Now, "vector images" what are they? Simply they are images that can be re-sized without ever becoming pixelated (kind of like blurry) no matter how big or small you make it. Using the fountain pen tool in Photoshop it is possible to create these vector images. You use the pen to make an outline of the design and you can use the 'Stroke' function to add an outline to the image or you can add colour with the 'Fill' function and even add a colour fade using the 'Gradient' function.

That's all I did really. Each shape is an individual vector image the C is one image but the P and D are made of 2 images one for the main outline of the shape and a second image for the 'D' shapes that make them a D and a P. Vector images can be confusing when you are new to using them so I will do a post on them and give you some links to some good vector image tutorial sites.


Now if you take a look below you can see my logo for my other blog Chris' Comic Book Creations (CCBC)


I used exactly the same process as the other logo, using vector images, to create this cool little picture. I thought that since the blog was specifically about comic books then a comic book image would be appropriate.

So there we go, my 2 logos and how I did them. I can't really show you how I made them so hopefully telling you will be enough and doing a post on how to create vector images. If you don't have Photoshop you can use paint or another image software but you may have to use a different technique to achieve similar results.



No comments:

Post a Comment