Saturday 3 May 2014

Tribute to my Childhood series

The cartoons and stories that I grew up with have had a large impact on the kind of styles of drawings that I like. Because of this I have decided to do a series of drawings dedicated to the cartoons I used to watch. As a child the cartoons I watched were: the X-men, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Thundercats, Transformers, He-Man, Spider-man, Batman, Animaniacs, Warner Bros. and more. In addition to those cartoons I was also a fan of the Beano and Dandy comics.


I was also heavily inspired by video games.

Computer games played a large part in my childhood and games like Super Mario and Sonic are still among my favourite today. The fantasy series of Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda captured my imagination. These games are the ones that inspired me to design my own games along with lesser know games such as Snowboard Kids.

Some of  my other favourite games include Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Altered Beast (some of you game nuts out there might have noticed that these are all SEGA Megadrive games).

Other inspirations were Asterix the Gaul, Beast Warriors, Street Sharks, Mummies Alive, Dragonball Z, Street Fighter.

All of these comics, cartoons & games, plus others I can't even think of now but no less important, have all had an impact on the types of drawing I like and influenced my own creations and designs.

So as a way of recognising all of the greatness of these cartoons, comics and games I am going to do a series of drawings as a tribute and expression of thanks for all of the joy, inspiration and ideas that they have given me over the years.

Here's the link to go to my Tribute to my Childhood page

No comments:

Post a Comment